Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blessed beyond belief


Interestingly enough, tonight it felt like this was the most stressful holiday season I've ever experienced...this whole Monday-Friday job thing isn't necessarily conducive to Christmas shopping. There are some days I miss having a Tuesday morning off work to get things done. But in the moments of stress and frustration, it hit me pretty hard that I am literally surrounded by blessing. I look at all the things going on in my life and when I really think about them, they really are incredible blessings instead of sources of stress.

Let me first say that the Lord provided ALL the funds for my January trip through kind and generous donations. This is the first trip to Ukraine that I haven't had to pay for a portion. That is simply incredible! I am so thankful that raising money happened quickly and am SO grateful for those of you that supported me. I thank you so very much.

Speaking of Ukraine...(oh yeah, that's what this blog is about), I will be there in a mere 9-ish days!! That has not set in AT ALL. I think with all the craziness of work and the holidays and everything else going on, I haven't had time to really process that a week from tomorrow I'll be boarding a plane and heading to Kiev. I am unable to put into words how grateful I am for a visit to the kids. When I left this summer, I prepared myself for a year of missing them...and to have the opportunity to see them SO soon...well, it's incredible. I CANNOT wait to see them.

I hope to update a bit more frequently over the next week as our team prepares to leave. Please keep us all in your prayers. I will be traveling Dec 31st/Jan 1st so pray for safe travels. The rest of the team comes on the 3rd. Thanks to everyone praying for me and the team!!

Love you all!
HH


No comments:

Post a Comment