Saturday, January 1, 2011

Travel and New Years in Kiev

I'm in Kiev! Currently staying with my good friend Lesya in her awesome apartment.

My travel was absolutely phenomenal. The best trip I've taken to Kiev by far. :) No layovers, no delays, smooth flights. Nearly empty flights with lots of empty seats...it was a great travel day.

I've spent the day with Lesya and her mom. We ate a delicious traditional New Years dinner (nothing like camp food guys...) :) and then just hung out here for awhile. We then took a stroll around the neighborhood in the snow and went by the grocery store. Such a peaceful, serene night with the occasional fireworks going off. It's such a quiet neighborhood and a stark contrast to the craziness of Kiev's city center that we've been in the past two summers.

Early bedtime tonight and then I get to attend New Life Church in the morning. Definitely excited for this and REALLY excited to see all my Radooga friends...(including the Vasilevsky's and their *special guests*).

Only 3 days until we head to Kharkiv to visit our kids!!

Thank you for the continued support through prayer. I love you all!

HH

1 comment:

  1. glad you're there safe and had good travels! have fun and LU!

    ReplyDelete